Saiful Muluk National Park is located in the Naran Valley in Mansehra District of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, in northern Pakistan. The park was created in 2003. The scenic Saif ul Maluk Lake is in the park.
Flora and fauna
The flora includes the trees, shrubs, perennials, and herbs of the Himalayan Western Himalayan subalpine conifer forests and higher elevation Western Himalayan alpine shrub and meadows ecoregions.
Some of the park's fauna includes the snow leopard, asiatic black bear, marmot, weasel, eurasian lynx, indian leopard, Himalayan snowcock, and the snow partridge. The park's lakes and wetlands habitats are of significant ecological importance for resident fauna and migratory waterfowl.
Hiking, trekking, and off-roading
Naran to Lake Saiful Muluk dusty jeep track is approximately 9 km in length with hiking tracks difficulty level ranging from easy to medium. It can be traveled by jeep in one Hour. Net elevation gain is around 700m (2300 feet).
Ansu is tear shaped high-altitude lake situated adjacent to Malika Parbat. It can be reached via 11 km trail starting at Saif-ul-Malook. This trail can be divided in two steps. a) 7 km walk from till base of Malika Parbat. b) 4 km hike up the mountain with net elevation around 1000m (3300 feet). It can be traveled by Trekking in 4-5 Hour. Lake remains accessible from early June till late November, with deteriorating weather making it difficult at start and end of season.
Lalazar is a plateau once known for beautiful wild flowers and soothing pine forests. Though recently cultivation of potato and other corps declined the natural beauty, but still enchanting view of Malika Parbat and lush meadows make it a must visit. Lalazar can be reached through a muddy jeep track of 01 hour starting from Battakundi. Some people prefer trekking over riding the jeep. One famous, moderate trek starting from Lake Saif-ul-Malook through picturesque Hans Gali ends at Lalazar.
Other Tracks (Originating/Ending in Naran Valley)
- Balakot (Gate of Kaghan Valley)
- Noori Top
- Dudipatsar Lake (Queens of The Lakes)
- Saral Lake
- Fairy Land [Place Discovered in 2014 by Shahzada Naveed]
- Ratti-Gali Lake (Lake is in AJK)
- Sat-sar Mala Lakes (6 Lakes in One Place)
- Gattian Lake (Lake is in AJK)
- Jalkhad (Mindblowing Place)
- Lulusar Lake
- Sarkatha lake (Lake is in Kohistan) [Lake Discovered in 2013 by Shahzada Naveed]
- Sangal Lake [Lake Discovered in 2013 by Shahzada Naveed]
- Katha-sar Lake (Lake is in Kohistan)
- Ghazi Sar (Awesome Place)
- Maheen Lake (Lake is in Kohistan)
- Babusar Top (End of The Kaghan Valley)