This grand mosque of Multan is located on the main Multan-Lahore highway in the Northeast of the city. It was built in 1735 AD by Khokhar family and Nawab Abdul Samad Khan and when he was the Mughal governor of Multan. It is very spacious,
provided with a vast courtyard and a huge prayer chamber measuring 250 feet by 55 feet and crowned by seven domes. Its exterior was faced with glazed blue tiles and the interior was ornamented with colorful mosaics. After independence it was found insufficient to accommodate the increased number of people so its courtyard was enlarged further.Nowadays this mosque faces many problems. The calligraphy has been removed due to environmental factors. Now the construction process is going on again by (Tanzeem-Al-Saeed) (Jamia Arabia Anwar-ul-Aloom, Multan), under the instructions of Ameer Jamaat-e-Ahle Sunnat Sahibzada Prof. Syed Mazhar Saeed Kazmi (Janasheen Ghazali-e-Zaman) & the beloved son of Ghazali-e-Zaman Syed Arshad Saeed Kazmi, re construction process is going on and soon it will be completed.
The Photo Gallery