The Mahabat Khan Mosque is a 17th-century mosque in Peshawar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. It is named after the Mughal governor of Peshawar Nawab Mahabat Khan who served under Emperors Shah Jehan and Aurangzeband who was the grandson
of Nawab Dadan Khan (a former governor of Lahore). The name of the Masjid and the governor who built is often mispronounced as 'Muhabbat Khan' ('Love Khan') by the public majority instead of the correct pronunciation 'Mahabat Khan' ('Awe-inspiring Khan').
The Mosque was built in 1630. Its open courtyard has a centrally-located ablution pool and a single row of rooms lining the exterior walls. The prayer hall, flanked by two tall minarets, occupies the west side. According to the turn-of-the-century Gazetteer for Pakhtunkhwa.
The minarets of the Mohabbat Khan Mosque were frequently used in Sikh times (especially that of Ranjit Singh) `as a substitute for the gallows’.
The interior of the prayer hall is sheltered beneath three low, fluted domes and is eloquently painted with floral and geometric designs.