Wali Mohammad Mosque old masjid of Multan, which is still in good condition, is Masjid Ali Muhammad Khan, which is also known as Mosque Wali Muhammad Khan. It is an excellent building, situated in the busiest Chowk Bazaar of the city. It was built
by Nawab Ali Mohammad Khan Khakwani in 1757 (1171 A.H.) when he was the governor of Multan under Ahmad Shah Durrani. The mosque is provided with a reservoir for the ablutions, baths, and a large hall for prayers. During the Sikh period, the gateway of the Mosque was used as the courthouse of the Nazim, while its great hall was utilized for keeping the Granth, or the holy book of the Sikhs. The Mosque was restored to the Muslims by the British Government at the commencement of the British rule.
The Photo Gallery