Phone: +92 (51) 8732529-30 Mobile: 03 222 881 992 Fax: (051) 8311071

Balghar is a village in Ghanche, [Gigit Baltistan]], Pakistan on the bank of the Shyok River. Some sources said that the name Balghar was derived from Bulgar which is a big ethnic group in Bulgaria, Georgia and Ukraine. The Shyok meets the Indus river at Keris about 30 kilometers

west of Balghar. The Thallay stream divides Balghar in two parts. The bigger part is referred to as Chogo Balghar. It consists of ten large and small mahallahs. The smaller part is called Choo Fuog, which consists of four mahallahs. The population of Balghar is about 10,000.

Balghar is a summer tourist destination. Balghar Ranga is situated in Gond neighborhood. It consists of a wide plain. Xooq and Gond neighborhoods are in the north and Gamba burdas are in the south near Thalay valley.

Balghar valley mainly consists of Noorbakhshia sect, comprising 70% of the population. The remaining 30% are Ahl al-Hadith.

UPCOMING AWESOME EVENTS

There are no up-coming events

Facebook

Twitter

Latest Video in AP-TV

  • K2 with a Drone: The World High Altitude Record 2016!
  • Pakistan Travel, K2 Mountain, Travel video, World travel, Beautiful Place YouTube (skip to 69s)
  • K2 Mountain of Mountains - A documentary by Tunç Fındık
  • The Summit (2012) Full K2 Documentary Film
  • The Ghosts of K2 (Full Documentary)
  • Fatal Altitude - Tragedy on K2 (Full Documentary)
  • K2: The Killer Summit (Full Documentary)
  • K2 - Full Climbing Documentary
  • Climbing the Savage Mountain - Shared Summits K2 Expedition
  • Naoki Ishikawa|K2 EXPEDITION 2015
  • Libor Uher - C4 - Summit K2
  • K2 expedition 2008, Triumph & Tragedy
  • Climb K2 in 3D!

ABOUT AWESOME PAKISTAN

We tally up the Pakistan’s most-visited attractions, and gathered the most recent data supplied by the attractions themselves or from government agencies, industry reports, and reputable media outlets. We defined “tourist attractions” as cultural and historical sites, natural landmarks, and officially designated spaces.