The tomb of Ali Mardan Khan is accoessible by a 300 m long walkway by an interesting pattern of light and shade filtering through the lattice roof. Ali Mardan Khan was a noble at the court of safcid king. After surrender of Qandhar by Iranians to Emperor Shah Jehan in 1638,
e joined the Mughal court and was appointed Governor f Kashmir adn Lahore, also attaining the title of “Amir-ul-Umara” (Lord of Lords). He was a skilled engineer and built a number of canals including the one that feeds Shalimar Gardens. He died in 1657 AD and was buried n the tomb that he had built for his mother. It is situated near the University of Engineering & Technology Gate, side lane of G.T Road).
The Photo Gallery
The Video Link